We need your help as we work to rebuild the Lower Ninth Ward of New Orleans!
We welcome all willing and able, individuals and groups, regardless of skill-level, throughout the year. If you have construction experience, we’ll do our best to maximize use of your skills on our current projects. We provide all necessary project training and tools, so even if you’ve never swung a hammer – YOU can help rebuild homes destroyed by Hurricane Katrina.
Steps to Volunteer:
- Read our Volunteer FAQ carefully – many of your initial questions will be answered here and it will give you a better sense of what to expect from your volunteer experience. NOTE: We consider a submitted application a commitment to work with us, so you should review the FAQ and be sure that you want to volunteer BEFORE proceeding with the application process.
- Choose the arrival and departure dates that are ideal in your schedule. We recommend that you NOT book flights or finalize any other travel arrangements until you’ve received a confirmation from us that we can accommodate you on the dates you requested.
- Complete the application. NOTE: We cannot process your application without arrival and departure dates – we need this information to check project availability.
- You will receive a confirmation email within one week of submitting your application. We will either confirm you for the dates you requested, or suggest alternate dates if our schedule is full. We will also confirm whether we have space to accommodate you in our volunteer house (if you request housing on the application form) – if we do not have space, we will send a list of other housing options. Please DO NOT send multiple emails or complete multiple applications, we process all applications in the order they are received and will be in touch as soon as possible!
- Your spot on our project schedule is not finalized until you’ve submitted the housing and/or volunteer fee – this must be submitted electronically through the paypal link in the sidebar. Please check the FAQ page (“Does it cost anything to volunteer?) for fee amounts and an explanation of what expenses are covered. In most cases, we are unable to refund this fee, so if you have any doubts be sure all your questions are answered before you pay.
- We welcome international volunteers! But, we ask that you read our International Volunteer Page first!
If you’re interested in working with us as an individual volunteer, no worries – we have many volunteers throughout the year, so you won’t be on your own!
Any questions about volunteering? Be sure to read our Volunteer FAQ page.
For any additional questions & concerns, don’t hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org!